Some playable races have limited colony options?

Discuss the stellar lore of The Concordium and its member races that will be playable in StariumXCV.
Bluekiwi42
Cadet
Cadet

Some playable races have limited colony options?

Postby Bluekiwi42 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:36 am

I was looking at the the colony options for new players and noticed that while there is a good range of different colony types to choose from there is a big imbalance in terms of races which are associated with each colony type.

The races Saraven, Charians, Tuleonetians, and Gervians appear in 4 - 5 different colony types each.
In contrast if you want to start with Valdus, Maratasen, or Ursians, you're limited to only one potential colony start for each.

I understand this might be due to lore reasons but it could make players feel alittle constricted in terms of picking which race they want to have starting in their colony.

Red
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Some playable races have limited colony options?

Postby Red » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:03 pm

Hey, bluekiwi :)

Good point.. I know there's also constriction with what types of planets each race can inhabit. That may play a part too. I'll have to defer to someone else who may be able to provide a better answer.

Tsingularis
Co-Founder of Gwythdarian
Co-Founder of Gwythdarian

Postby Tsingularis » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:45 am

Actually the Valdus, Maratasen & Ursians each have 4 colonies they share with another race and 1 of their own. We do have the ability to add new colony types and one of the Kickstarter rewards lets a backer design a new colony with their choice of which 2 races to include along with the backstory.

Bluekiwi42
Cadet
Cadet

Postby Bluekiwi42 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:52 am

Tsingularis wrote:Actually the Valdus, Maratasen & Ursians each have 4 colonies they share with another race and 1 of their own. We do have the ability to add new colony types and one of the Kickstarter rewards lets a backer design a new colony with their choice of which 2 races to include along with the backstory.

Cool thats good to know, I guess Mordreds post about the playable colonies is outdated now?

Red
Community Manager
Community Manager

Postby Red » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:56 am

Yes, sorry. Just gave it a check and looks like, if I counted correctly, we're missing 13 of them. We'll have to update that soon.

Thanks for the catch, bluekiwi42

Return to “Concordium”