Pokèmon GO!

Red
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Pokèmon GO!

Postby Red » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:38 am

Thanks man! That means a lot to all of us.

I have gone to MCC, so we very well may have met before. Regardless, it is good to meet you!

Have you been sticking with Pokemon Go? It's kind of gotten pushed to the side for me, but I'm chuggin' along still :P

Jigen
Developer
Developer

Postby Jigen » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:35 am

I haven't really I have been preoccupied with other things lately so I have only been playing games on my PC as of late.

Mordred
Developer
Developer

Postby Mordred » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:32 pm

I found it really interesting how fast Pokemon GO rose to prominence (it was completely under my radar before it war released, which is rare for something of this impact), but it seems to have fallen out of favour just as quickly as it rose.

What do you think went wrong?

Jigen
Developer
Developer

Postby Jigen » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:49 am

For me personally the the novelty wore off the game needs more updates and far more work on the combat system it is a fantastic concept but needs work on it's execution. I still think the standard Pokemon experience is far more fun with such an open world to explore and many interesting creatures to capture and train. In the end I don't know, it was probably just a "cool" thing to be a part of now the hardcore Pokemon fans will be the only ones left to stick around with it.

Chaosgemini
Developer
Developer

Postby Chaosgemini » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:36 pm

Mordred wrote:I found it really interesting how fast Pokemon GO rose to prominence (it was completely under my radar before it war released, which is rare for something of this impact), but it seems to have fallen out of favour just as quickly as it rose.

What do you think went wrong?

I have to agree with Jigen, the game didn't seem terribly fleshed out. You can only run on the same treadmill for so long before you get tired of it. They needed complexity to flesh out the experience. Pokemon appearing in the real world -- even if viewed digitally -- is a fantastic childhood dream from our generation, but the rpg mechanics of training your pokemon and dueling other trainers is a core element that defined the series. There isn't much to become invested in.
Ethan Boeve
Programmer / Artist

Mordred
Developer
Developer

Postby Mordred » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:51 pm

Interesting. I do think that it really fired up interest in Alternate Reality though (and proved the concept), which should see some far more indepth titles coming out in the future.

Red
Community Manager
Community Manager

Postby Red » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:46 pm

In case anyone here still plays Pokèmon Go, now til Nov. 1st is the time to login! Lots of opportunities for extra candies and better chances at spooky mons, like Gastly, Haunter and Gengar! :)

I'll be walking my Charmander to rack up 4x the amount of candies usually obtained from walking a 'buddy' pokèmon :P

Gotta get that Zard.

Mordred
Developer
Developer

Postby Mordred » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:23 pm

Pretty nice idea to be running Halloween specials like that!

Red
Community Manager
Community Manager

Postby Red » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:22 pm

I feel the same way. Definitely nice incentive to push on doing some things that take a good bit of grinding, especially for a game that has had its hype really die down.

Still got my fingers crossed about trading and 1v1's!

Return to “Other Games”