Nostalgic Moments of Video Games Past

Here is a spot for all things unrelated to StariumXCV!
Phoenix Of Blades
Cadet
Cadet

Nostalgic Moments of Video Games Past

Postby Phoenix Of Blades » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:09 am

1. What are some of your favorite video games past and present?
2. Please describe them for us and share some of your favorite things you remember about the game with us. :)
3. What are some of your fondest moments with them?
4. If you're feeling brave you could even try explaining why you feel this game resonated/connected to you as deeply as it did. :ugeek:

Phoenix Of Blades
Cadet
Cadet

Re: Nostalgic Moments of Video Games Past

Postby Phoenix Of Blades » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:47 am

I'll start :D

1. Skies of Arcadia was my favorite game growing up.
2. Good games never go bad and that has never been more true for me than Skies of Arcadia. It's a JRPG where you play as Sky Pirates and fly your ship all around the open world map while hunting for discoveries which reveal some lore about the game world/ history. You spend most of the game getting sucked into random encounter battles which nearly ruin all of the games replay value. Aside from the dated graphics, and re-skinned enemy variants I consider this the games only flaw. The rest of the game is an engaging adventure reminiscent of Final Fantasy 7 where you thwart the evil Valuan empire (Still sounds like "Value Land" (Consumerism metaphor?)) in their attempts to acquire the 7 Chaos Emeralds/Moon Crystals to awaken the Gigas(Giant Monsters) and destroy the world.
Some of my favorite things about the game were definitely flying around in the ship to explore the diverse and changing world, meeting the different cultures, the sound track, and unleashing the special moves on opponents. It had some fun boss battles as well. The characters are still some of my favorites.
3.One of my favorite memories was staying home from school in a blanket fort with a bad canker sore and a sore throat but considered it worth it because I got to play the game almost all day while I was resting.
4. In my case It was clearly the exploration, the imagination of the concept, the variety, and being able to mold parts of the world to your liking. For a young boy feeling bored with the world around him and imprisoned by the educational system the freedom to fly away with some of your friends to discover a better more interesting world was all that I could have ever asked for.

Jigen
Developer
Developer

Re: Nostalgic Moments of Video Games Past

Postby Jigen » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:22 pm

Skies of Arcadia was fun did you own the GC or DC version?

Return to “Other”